Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 05 - A book that makes you happy


Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett

I am reading this book RIGHT NOW, but even whackier, would you believe this is my FIRST PRATCHETT EXPERIENCE? Well actually now that I've said that, I realize it's technically not, but this is definitely the first time I've set out to get into Discworld, as opposed to idly reading a book not knowing what the heck it was a part of. I'm really not very far in at all, but I already love it to bits and it fills me with smiles. Pratchett is so hilarious and clever and this book got me through a plane trip, which is saying something, as almost nothing can distract me from how much I hate being on planes.

I haven't been reading it lately, because I think my savoring method is to just... infinitely prolong the reading process? Which is silly. Fortuitously, my girlfriend just started reading it as well, so now we can climb through it together. Yay!

SPEAKING OF INFINITELY PROLONGED, it would be a crime if I got past both the series question and this question without giving an honorable mention to this baby, presented without comment:


No comments:

Post a Comment