Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 03 - Your favorite series


Griffin & Sabine, by Nick Bantock

I haven't read these books in a LONG time, and I'm not even sure I read all of them, but they stuck with me and I've been waiting and waiting to obtain all of them. The full story is actually two trilogies, The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy and The Morning Star Trilogy. They're epistolary picture book/novels that contain facsimiles of postcards and actual letters folded up inside envelopes and collages, and the art is oh so very beautiful, and it's a really incredible story besides. It's a correspondence between two people who've never met but nonetheless discover that they share a sort of supernatural connection. It's really really great and oh god I want to read them all now I gotta get my hands on the other books. Dang.

If you are not familiar with these, I highly recommend getting on that right now because they are amazing as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment