Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 21 - Favorite book from your childhood


The Moorchild, by Eloise McGraw

Without question. My dad read me this book, and he and I both retained a lot of feelings about it. It's been a long time since I thought about it, and I really only remembered it now because I had to pack it up to move to a new city. It was one of the books I chose to put in the little ship-to-me-immediately box. It was just so lovely. It's about a changeling swapped for a human baby, who grows up human and just doesn't fit in no matter how hard she tries, and her parents love her in spite of everything, and it's this whole myth turned story about a misfit. It's so sweet and poignant and I just loved it. I want to read it again right away!!

This cover was the original cover I owned, and I adore it, I think the art is so charming and strange and perfect. But that copy was left out in the rain and got wrecked, and we had to get a new one with a different cover that was far less superior. I think it's high time to seek out the old cover and get that copy again. Because it matters to me. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment